the storage conditions of seamless steel pipe
In many cases, the customer does not immediately use the seamless steel pipe. To ensure the quality of the steel pipe, we must ensure the storage conditions.
1) The place or warehouse where steel products are stored should be located in a clean, well-ventilated place away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases or dust. Remove weeds and all debris on the site to keep the steel clean.
2) In warehouses, it is not allowed to pile together materials that are aggressive to steel such as acids, alkalis, salts, and cement. Different types of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and prevent contact corrosion.
3) Large-sized steel, steel rails, insult steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air;
4) Small and medium-sized steel, wire rods, steel bars, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires, steel wire ropes, etc. can be stored in well-ventilated sheds, but must be covered with cotton rags and mats.
5) Some small steel products, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel plates, small-caliber or thin-walled steel pipes, various cold-rolled and cold-drawn steel products, and high-price, easily-corroded metal products may be stored in warehouses.
6) The warehouse should be selected according to geographical conditions, generally using an ordinary closed warehouse, that is, a roof with walls, doors and windows tight, with a ventilation device warehouse;
7) The warehouse requires clear ventilation for sunny days, and close moisture protection for rainy days, and often maintain a suitable storage environment.